With pregnancy, everything changes, including your skin care routine. I got rid of aggressive chemicals and exfoliants from the time I was trying to conceive. Maybe I am paranoid, but I wanted my body to be free of as many chemicals as possible. Since I have been pregnant, I have been lucky that my skin hasn’t gone haywire, breaking out or becoming blotchy. It has become more dry, which also partly due to winter here in the northeast. But I am trying to take the best care of my self from the inside out. So here are a few pregnancy skin care essentials that are guaranteed to maintain your glow and are all considered safe for you and your growing bump.
- Belli Anti-Blemish Face Wash $22 Hormonal changes during pregnancy can make your skin go haywire. While this isn’t the case for every mama-to-be, it happens to a good percentage of women. To keep skin clear, look for a line like this one from Belli, especially made for pregnancy with natural anti-bacterial ingredients and free of anything harmful that’s considered teratogenic or can dry out overly sensitive skin.
- Mustela Stretch Marks Double Action $46 This super penetrating hydrator contains ingredients that boost skin’s elasticity to help prevent the dreaded stretch marks. It’s free of ingredients like paragons and phthalates so you can breathe a sigh of relief.
- Clarisonic Plus Sonic Skin Cleansing for Face & Body $149 I’ve always been a huge fan of the Clarisonic. It’s like a power washer for your face. Pregnancy can make skin dry, but you want to reduce the amount of products you use. So this handy dandy tool helps to slough off dead cells. You can use it on your face and body.
- Mama Bee Nourishing Body Oil $8 Sweet almond and lemon oils plus vitamin E restores softness to dry spots. I love how you can use this oil anywhere from lips to cracked feet and dry nails.
- Mama Mio Gorgeous Glow Facial Swipes $16 If you’re like me and have fallen asleep on the couch by 8 PM throughout your entire pregnancy, these wipes are for you. I keep them on my nightstand and wash my face in bed most nights because I am *that* tired. Although not the best habit, it’s better than nothing. Plus they contain antioxidants and vitamins to help maintain that “pregnancy glow.”