I have been in major nesting mode getting ready for the twinsicles arrival this spring. Life has been crazy, too. We moved into a new house in the suburbs – talk about a major change. This gave me the chance to throw out so much stuff crammed into our 900 sq ft NYC apt. Wowzers, I collect a lot of stuff. Once you throw things out, you literally feel lighter. The pantry is one area I vow to keep super organized in our new house. I went to Container Store and redid our pantry with the Elfa storage system. This is one of my favorite systems – it’s sturdy, you can see everything, and it really maximizes your space. Here are the other essentials you need to keep your pantry super organized.
- Oxo Pop Containers – $99 at Williams Sonoma – these clear containers keep food airtight so it lasts longer than leaving it in a regular box. Plus, they are BPA free. I label mine so staple foods like almonds and quinoa stay in the same container.
- Elfa storage system – prices vary at Container Store – visit any Container Store with some photos and dimensions of your space and they can literally turn a basic closet into an organized, usable space.
- Water Hyacinth Bins – $7 – 17 at Container Store – I love these bins. They keep items like paper towels and dish cloths organized and out of sight.
- Williams Sonoma Canisters – similar $99 for a set of 3 – ideal for items you use everyday like coffee and tea and ok, I will admit the occasional cookie.
When I found out I was having twins, I was elated! It was an answered prayer. I also didn’t feel overwhelmed or scared at having two babies at once. Maybe it’s because so many of my fabulous friends are also twin moms. In fact, one of my friends is a mama to triplets and my other friend, Morgendee, below, is a mama to two sets of twins. So whenever I have questions, I have an army of help from experienced moms of multiples. When I put my registry together, these are three of my twin mom friends who I asked for help. Here are their must haves for moms of multiples.
My friend Morgendee, mentioned above should just be called Wonder Woman! First of all, she is the kindest soul you will ever meet. Second, she is an amazing mom. She has two sets of twins, 2 boys and newborn daughters, and sandwiched in between is her other sweet, adorable daughter. Morgendee’s approach to buying gadgets and gear when you’re a mom of multiples is to keep it simple. Her must have is the TwinGo Carrier. Here’s why:
Elizabeth is a busy working mom to the cutest 7 month old boy/girl twins. She and I could go on and on talking about strollers, car seats, and everything else you need when you’re a mom of multiples. These are her three favorites:
Jaclyn is another twin mom friend I adore. She’s the mom to two precious twin boys who are just over a year old. She also believes in keeping things simple and practical. Check out the products she loves:
With pregnancy, everything changes, including your skin care routine. I got rid of aggressive chemicals and exfoliants from the time I was trying to conceive. Maybe I am paranoid, but I wanted my body to be free of as many chemicals as possible. Since I have been pregnant, I have been lucky that my skin hasn’t gone haywire, breaking out or becoming blotchy. It has become more dry, which also partly due to winter here in the northeast. But I am trying to take the best care of my self from the inside out. So here are a few pregnancy skin care essentials that are guaranteed to maintain your glow and are all considered safe for you and your growing bump.
- Belli Anti-Blemish Face Wash $22 Hormonal changes during pregnancy can make your skin go haywire. While this isn’t the case for every mama-to-be, it happens to a good percentage of women. To keep skin clear, look for a line like this one from Belli, especially made for pregnancy with natural anti-bacterial ingredients and free of anything harmful that’s considered teratogenic or can dry out overly sensitive skin.
- Mustela Stretch Marks Double Action $46 This super penetrating hydrator contains ingredients that boost skin’s elasticity to help prevent the dreaded stretch marks. It’s free of ingredients like paragons and phthalates so you can breathe a sigh of relief.
- Clarisonic Plus Sonic Skin Cleansing for Face & Body $149 I’ve always been a huge fan of the Clarisonic. It’s like a power washer for your face. Pregnancy can make skin dry, but you want to reduce the amount of products you use. So this handy dandy tool helps to slough off dead cells. You can use it on your face and body.
- Mama Bee Nourishing Body Oil $8 Sweet almond and lemon oils plus vitamin E restores softness to dry spots. I love how you can use this oil anywhere from lips to cracked feet and dry nails.
- Mama Mio Gorgeous Glow Facial Swipes $16 If you’re like me and have fallen asleep on the couch by 8 PM throughout your entire pregnancy, these wipes are for you. I keep them on my nightstand and wash my face in bed most nights because I am *that* tired. Although not the best habit, it’s better than nothing. Plus they contain antioxidants and vitamins to help maintain that “pregnancy glow.”
I have been shopping up a storm for the Twinsicles. Buying baby clothes, shoes, gadgets and gear is more fun than buying anything for myself. There are so many cute and unique options out there and Etsy makes me go bananas for the stuff you can find on there.
We still have lots to buy, particularly important necessities like a baby bathtub and a diaper pail. But, I have stocked up on lots of cute stuff. I can’t wait to share more with you. For now, here are 6 of the best baby finds that I love x two!
- Estella Taxi Rattle who wants a basic rattle? Estella makes an entire collection of organic rattles with cute themes like this NYC taxi cab, a plus since I want our Twinsicles to always know they are NYC’ers at heart.
- Candy Kirby Designs Baby Blanket these baby blankets are pretty enough to frame. I love their chic, sophisticated design and the fact that they are made of organic cotton. Picked one up in blue and pink, of course!
- Milk Snob Covers these soft, lightweight covers come in a variety of fun, modern designs to put over your infant car seats or double as a nursing cover.
- Urban Baby Co Onesie this brand makes the best organic onesies with fun sayings, prints, and themes. I had to get the Made in Denver one since our Twinsicles were literally made in the beautiful mountains there. Thanks, CCRM x a million.
- Stuart Weitzman Baby Dancer Shoes I don’t – and won’t – play favorites. But our daughter’s shoe collection is definitely growing faster than our son’s. I couldn’t resist these Stuart Weitzman sparkly flats for baby girl.
- Noxx Handmade Headware these handcrafted beanies and headbands are hipster cool for kiddos and keep them warm. I love their casual vibe and how they come in so many different styles.