Favorite place: the ocean. Favorite way to decorate: coastal chic. There’s something so relaxing about blue walls, nautical accents, and natural fabrics and elements like sisal and driftwood. No matter if you’re seaside or countryside, here are some ways you can add ocean decor to your home.
1. Michael Aram Ocean Lion’s Paw Bowl $350 at Bloomingdales - use this gorgeous bowl as a centerpiece to hold fruit or as a decorative accent on a side table.
2. Serena & Lilly Two-Toned Ratan Lanterns $28-88 at serenandlilly.com - create mood at your next dinner party with these natural rattan lanterns.
3. Kim Seybert Coral Branch Napkin Rings $80 at frontgate.com - when it comes to ocean-inspired decor, Kim Seybert is my favorite designer. From napkin rings to table runners, her style is sophisticated and unique. These coral napkin rings will make basic white napkins look great.
4. Anthropologie From the Deep Dinner Plate $14-24 at anthropologie.com - buy just the salad plate to turn your everyday white dishes into a seaside escape.
Even though it’s spring, the rain doesn’t seem to end. I love a rainy day…when I am home and in bed. On days when you have to venture out in the rain, not so much fun. That’s why having the best rain gear is essential to staying dry and look good even when it’s a monsoon out there. Spring rain calls for spring rain gear. So here are a few ideas for rainy day fashion.
1. Totes Clear Bubble Umbrella $16.99 at Target - it’s bubble shape keeps rain from hitting you and helps protect your hair even more. I love that it’s clear so it won’t clash with your outfit.
2. Hunter Short Gloss Boots $82 at Zappos.com - a shorter version of the original Hunters, these are perfect for a spring shower. Brighter, pastels are equally fun for spring.
3. Coincidence & Chance Rain Slicker $79 at Urban Outfitters - looks cute with shorter spring dresses, skirts, and shorts.
4. San Diego Hat Company Packable Rain Hat $48 at Zappos.com - a rain hat is a must to protect your blowout. The floral print is fun for spring.
My husband and I are moving to the beach this summer. So it’s time to get organized and start packing up. When it comes to makeup, I tend to find beauty staples for every season. Ya know, those products you fall in love with and are just perfect for that time of year. I am especially fond of certain products in the summertime because they remind me of days on the beach, warm nights out having fun, and bright, cheery colors. These are the summer beauty staples I am taking along.
1. Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick Compact $42 at bobbibrowncosmetics.com – this is one of those why didn’t I think of it kinda products. It’s a bronzer and highlighter in one and just makes your skin look flawless. I love how its multipurpose to make makeup application easy, too.
2. Fresh Sugar Spray $88 at fresh.com - I have to thank my friend Meaghan for getting me hooked on this perfume…actually make it the entire Sugar collection. I use it only in the summer because it just smells so fresh and yummy like warm sunshine.
3. Colorscience Loose Mineral Foundation Brush SPF 20 $62 at colorscience.com - anyone who knows me knows that I am a sunscreen freak. I never leave home without it – day or night – rain or shine. In the summer, I have a sunscreen wardrobe – ranging from sprays for the beach to this little guy I use in my makeup bag and take out for touchups. I like it because it’s a mineral sunscreen that you just dust on and it’s coverage keeps skin looking fresh and clean.
4. Almay Color + Care Liquid Lip Balm $5.99 at drugstores - I recently fell in love with Almay’s new Color + Care Liquid Lip Balm while on set for a satellite media tour. My lips tend to dry out and these are so super hydrating. Plus the colors are gorgeous. The shade above, Canteloupe Cream reminds me of summer with Popsicle stained lips. Plus, coral lips tend to make your skin look tanner.
Am I happy it’s finally warm outside? YES! Am I happy we are entering makeup meltdown season? Not so much. Summer is hard on us makeup lovers. Oily skin, smeared foundation, raccoon eyes. Yup, it’s not so pretty. But there are solutions to keep your makeup looking good now through Labor Day. Read on to find out how to make your makeup last.