For years I have been praising my Clarisonic skin cleansing brush. I adore it for so many reasons. Using a skin cleansing brush amps up your regular cleanser – helping to get rid of dead skin, tighten pores, help build collagen, even aid your anti-aging ingredients to get deeper into your skin. Now there are several new skin cleansing brushes on the market to help fit any budget. Here are the latest to try.
1. Clinique Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush $89.50 at clinique.com made with an angled tip to reach those hard to grab spots like the T-Zone.
2. Philips Pure Radiance Facial Cleansing System $149.99 at usa.philips.com has sonic pulses and gentle rotation for deep cleansing. This brush also comes with additional heads for sensitive skin.
3. Clarisonic Sonic Radiance Brightening Solution $249 at clarisonic.com comes with a line of special cleansers and treatments designed to work with this cleansing brush to give you smooth skin, fade brown spots, and boost radiance.
On most nights, we are all about the paper napkin. But, when I host a diner party, napkins are an essential part of the table decor. Just like fashion, table linens can be as simple as the LBD or make a major statement. Here are a few new table linens to dress up your next dinner party.
1. Border Stripe Dye Yarn Napkins $16 at westelm.com are crisp, clean, and classic.
2. Chilewich Animal Print Placement Collection $20 at Macys. Add these animal-print placements on top of a solid brown tablecloth for a whimsy touch.
3. Gilt Chevron Printed Table Runner $36 at anthropologie.com. This disposable table runner is sparkly and fun for a festive and entertaining night.
I’m always on the quest to combat dry skin – with everything from what I eat and drink to what I put on my skin. Even in summer, skin tends to feel dry from the hot summer sun, plane rides to your vacation spot, and swimming in the ocean. One of my favorite tricks is to layer on skin hydrators. Even in the day time when my skin is feeling dry or after getting off a plane, I spritz my skin with a facial elixer and then pat on some day lotion with SPF on top. Layering skin hydrators helps lock in hydration – sort of the same concept as layering your clothes on a cold, winter day. Here’s the right order to layer for smoother skin.
1. Start with clean skin at night and mist on a facial elixer like Caudalie Beauty Elixer made with essential oils and nourishing plant ingredients to help tighten pores and stimulate circulation.
2. Follow immediately with a facial oil like Josie Maran Pure Argan Oil with vitamin E and essential fatty acids to hydrate skin. Since it’s a lightweight oil this penetrates deeper into skin and locks in the nourishing benefits from your beauty elixer.
3. Finish with a thicker night cream (or in the day time a day cream with SPF) to help seal in all the hydrators. Olay ProX Hydra Firming Cream contains niacinamide to prevent skin from losing water and stimulate circulation.
Good makeup brushes are worth the investment. Why? Well, quality makeup brushes can help any kind of makeup look good. Plus, they help your makeup go on smoother, softer, and look more professional. But, you don’t need every last brush out there. In fact, keeping your kit streamlined helps you stay organized. Here are the top brushes I am loving right now.
1. It Cosmetics Heavenly Wand Ball Brush $48 at itcosmetics.com - it can be tricky to grab just the right amount of powder onto your brush. Typically, you end up spilling a big pool of it out. Not with this brush. Each hair is trimmed to create the perfect ball shape that picks up the perfect dose of powder, leaving just the right amount on your skin.
2. Shiseido Perfect Foundation Brush $30 at nordstrom.com - Use this densely packed brush for stippling foundation or concealer onto skin.
3. Beauty Blender $19.95 at Sephora – technically not a traditional brush, but this sponge helps foundation blend seamlessly into skin without looking heavy. You can use it to apply cream blush and bronzer, too.
4. Urban Decay Good Karma Shadow Brush $26 at urbandecay.com – they call this brush your shadow’s best friend for a reason. It’s multitasking: You can use it for applying shadow to your lids, crease, and arch.